Work Package 7 has five primary objectives:
- To increase the awareness about the impact of Arctic changes on the weather and climate of the Northern Hemisphere
- To develop relevant forms of communication within and outside the EU (and possibly national) services to adequately spread results that could be used for either policy or socioeconomic action
- To maximise exposure of the science produced to end-users, stakeholders and the public at large, as well as communicate project results, including collecting all available feedback, in order to assure knowledge sharing and knowledge exchange with stakeholders (Dissemination)
- To contribute to servicing those socioeconomic sectors in the Northern Hemisphere that benefit from improved forecasting capacity (e.g. shipping, energy generation and mining) at a range of time scales, as well as enhancing their capacity to adapt to long-term climate change (end-user-engagement)
- To improve the professional skills and competences for those working and being trained to work within this subject area (Training)
Work package 7 is led by Sara Pasqualetto from the Alfred Wegener Institute (AWI); Dragana Bojović and Marta Terrado from the Barcelona Supercomputing Center (BSC); Gerlis Fugmann from the Alfred Wegener Institute (AWI).